The ISC’s Associates Board is a group of fun and science-curious people who want to get involved in ISC and help grow the organization and its mission. ISC is still a young organization, and we are riding the wave of public science outreach is splashing over the U.S. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor and be a part of creating something awesome!
Who we’re looking for…
We’re seeking professionals from any field who are interested in sharing their time, talents and connections for the cause of science! You do not need a science background, although that’s great. We have three levels of commitment — whether you have a PhD in nuclear physics or you can barely remember your high school science classes, you are welcome to help us out in any capacity you can. You can join at one of three levels:
Executive Committee members will:
- Spread the word about ISC to their networks
- Take responsibility for knowing as much as possible about ISC’s work and outreach
- Chair a Committee (co-Chairs are welcome)
- Attend Monthly Executive Committee Meetings
- Make a 1-year commitment and $75 contribution to ISC
- Help plan, promote, and execute our three major events: Pi Day Fun Run (March 14), Chicago Science Fest (Mid-May), Science Cocktail Party (Late Fall)
- Determine (in collaboration with AB Chair, and the Board of Directors) responsibilities and tasks for their committee(s) while overseeing and managing committee members
- Include role as member of the “Associates Board Executive Committee” on CV, resume, professional network, etc.
The Orbital State level is very similar to the Excited State, but for those with a little less time to commit. The expectations at this level are:
- Spread the word about the ISC to their professional networks
- Join one or more of our committees (details here).
- Attend bi-monthly meetings
- Commit to doing committee work every month, in between meetings, as directed by their chairs.
- Make a 1-year commitment and $55 contribution to ISC
- Help promote and execute our 3 major events: Pi Day Fun Run, Chicago Science Fest, Science Cocktail Party
- Include role as member of the “Associates Board ” on CV, resume, professional network, etc.
This level is twofold:
1) It is for those who LOVE our events, and want to help out when they can, but aren’t able to make a regular time commitment.
We have a three large-scale annual events (Pi Day Fun Run, Chicago Science Fest and Science Cocktail Party), as well as our hands on chemistry programs, panel discussions on science subjects in the news, author talks, film screenings and more held throughout the year that require many volunteer hands to produce.
Once you have participated in multiple events, you will get preference for future events and be able to list being a Volunteer for ISC on CV, resume, professional network, etc.
2) If you have a particular skill set and have some free time to help further the cause of our mission, we’d love to have you join our family. We periodically put out the call for a particular project that is beyond our expertise.
We are interested in hearing from self-motivated volunteers to help us in:
- WordPress web design
- Video production
- Database management (Salesforce)
- Google marketing (AdWords)
- Google Analytics
- Fundraising campaign development