- This event has passed.
Introduction to Citizen Science Workshop
February 29 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
A workshop to introduce Citizen Science, a fun science-based activity for all ages and a great tool to build a better, healthier community.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Speakers are Jennifer Schwarz from Chicago Botanical Garden and David Bild from Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.
- Free event for all ages and free admission to Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum for event attendees.
- RSVP is required.
- Come early to enjoy The Green City Indoor Market (started at 8 AM).
- Lunch is provided, please bring your own reusable water bottle, food containers, utensils to support our green event.
- Free parking is available on Cannon and Stockton Drive. A flat-rate lot maintained by the Chicago Park District is located at 2431 N. Cannon Drive.
After the Workshop: we will open registration for 5-10 groups of families or youths who are interested to participate in Citizen Science projects of their choice and to present posters at Chicago Botanical Garden Science Festival (free transportation to the festival is provided).
Photo & Video Disclaimer: Chicago Muslims Green Team reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at the event without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. A person attending the event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers at the welcoming table. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.