Here, in no particular order, are some blog ideas we’ve been throwing around. If you’re looking for science writing opportunities and you want to take on one of these topics, let’s talk!
- Is there a difference between branded and generic prescription drugs?
- Invasive species: zebra mussels and Asian carp
- What is carbon sequestration?
- Have we reached the limit on how tall we can build buildings?
- What is immunotherapy?
- Why do Chicago’s roads become riddled with potholes every winter? Is there a solution?
- The psychological and mental benefits of exercise
- How is climate change affecting our health and/or economy?
- The history of the American eugenics movement
- How AR-15s work
- The psychology behind the anti-vax movement or climate change denial movement
Themes we’re interested in:
- Can you explain your scientific research in a way everyone can understand?
- Celebrating accomplished women, minority, and LGBT scientists
- The importance of basic research